that fucking comic makes me so fucking angry
'yeah just open a yarn store'
- as if you won’t get laughed out of town opening a yarn store in a world with lincraft and spotlight undercutting your prices
- as if you wouldn’t get so far in the red trying that your livelihood would probably plummet
- as if having a passion for knitting means you can be your own accountant, manager, employee and supply purchaser for an entire store
- as if anyone even has 80K for a start up
- as if a bank would even lend to you with such a half baked idea
- as if the layman knows how to file their own business paperwork and maintain tax and regulatory paperwork
I mean I just sell patches that I make on weekends and I’m $200 in the red on materials and drowning in government paperwork for christs sake
child: mom read me a story
child: I was thinking something a little less fictional.
Azra Hamzić is the first Sarajevan female coppersmith. A coppersmith in Bosnia is called a kazandžija, which is the male word for it, there haven’t been a female word for it until now which is kazandžijka.
This was considered to be a “man’s job” for centuries, and this practise is in fact one of the few ancient Bosnian practises that has still remained prevalent today, but Azra Hamzić has proved that a woman too can do this.